Sometimes, simple recipes are the best. With only few ingredients you can make miracle in the kitchen. So are you looking for a recipe to impress unexpected guests or satisfy your sudden sugar cravings? Or are you looking for the perfect dessert to bring to a pot luck or a party? Look no more! These sopapilla cheesecake bars are a new twist on traditional desserts that will blow your mind. Sopapillas and cheesecake were always meant to be together. This recipe is truly a match made in heaven.
Flaky dough with sugar and cinnamon and super yummy cheese filling with a hint of lemon, what not to love? It can be eaten warm with ice cream or chilled.
Choice is completely yours. 🙂
And preparation is almost effortless. No need to cook the cream cheese filling. Just zest the lemons and mix it with cream cheese and sugar.
And then, just pour the filing over stretched store-bought crescent dough, cover with other half of dough and bake.
It is done in no time!
My only advice is, make a double batch!
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dough
- 2 medium lemons, zested
- ½ cup butter , melted
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place one package of crescent dough in the bottom of 9×13-inch glass baking dish.
- Stretch to cover bottom of dish.
- In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese , 1 cup of sugar and lemon zest.
- Mix well with a whisk.
- Spread the cheese filling over dough in baking dish.
- Take the other crescent dough, stretch it and carefully place it over the filling.
- Mix ½ cup of sugar with cinnamon.
- Pour melted butter over the top and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or refrigerate overnight and serve chilled.
- My only advice is, make a double batch!