Pulled Pork BBQ Sauce Recipe
Just when you thought the pulled pork recipe couldn’t get any better, we created this masterful sauce to go with it. I promise you that your guests will be licking their fingers and asking you for more with this pulled pork bbq sauce.
In Kansas city they like their sauce sweet and in Texas they like it spicy. The sauce recipe below is a little sweet and mustardy, how they like it in South Carolina, feel free to make it sweeter by adding sugar or tangier by adding more vinegar.
You will need to cook it to soak in the flavor for about 10 minutes, but you can refrigerate it for up to 7 days.
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup dark agave syrup
- 1/2 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika (or 1 tablespoon smoked paprika)
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons hot cayenne pepper sauce, such as Frank’s Red Hot
- Place a medium sauce-pot over medium-high heat
- Add all ingredients and whisk until combined
- Cook 10 minutes or until sauce is slightly thicker and darker in color
- Refrigerate up to one week