I make these bacon wrapped dates stuffed with goat cheese for any occasion, and they are always a hit. You may think you don’t like goat cheese or dates but you should still try this recipe. The goat cheese is married with the sweetness of the dates and the salty bacon is so delicious. The flavors really compliment each other and combine to create an awesome, unique appetizer.
You can make these bacon wrapped dates ahead of time and when guests arrive just pop them in a oven. I can guarantee your guests will be coming back for more. If you are entertaining for the holidays, definitely try these addictive and very easy to make appetizers.
- 16 large dates
- 16 thin slices of bacon (about 4 oz)
- 4 oz soft goat cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Place the goat cheese in a small bowl and mash it with a fork.
- Add chopped chives and mix well.
- Adjust taste with salt if needed. Slice dates in half, and open them up.
- Remove the pit.
- Stuff each one with about 1 tsp cheese mixture.
- Close the dates, and wrap a piece of bacon around the outside.
- Secure each one with a toothpick. Arrange in a baking dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the bacon is crisp.