Bonefish Grill just released a new menu, that is focused around appealing to a wide variety of diners. The new menu consists of 20 new items in addition to some Bonefish Grill classics. “With the new additions to our dinner menu, guests can experience a new side of Bonefish Grill,” said Bonefish Grill President Stephen Judge. “We continue to offer our guests great value, fresh fish selections and now an even wider variety of choices. There’s something new for everyone to love.” So Good was in New York City to give the new menu a try.
Overall the event was really great, the management team has great vision for the company, and the new menu will do really well. The biggest changes to the new menu are the lightness and the freshness of the food, as well as the addition of menu items for people who aren’t seafood lovers. They kept saying that there is always one person in a group that isn’t a seafood fan, and they want to be able to accommodate that.
On the food side of things the seabass was a favorite followed by the crab fried rice which was a part of their new deluxe side items. Here are some of the other deluxe sides on their new menu:
Deluxe Sides are now available to complement Wood-Grilled selections and entrees including:
- Crab Fried Rice – jumbo lump crab wok-fried with eggs, bell peppers, carrots and green onions with a hint of soy sauce
- Porcini Mushroom Ravioli – classic Italian ravioli filled with porcini mushrooms and ricotta cheese sautéed in a sage brown butter and topped with crispy mushroom
- Wood-Grilled Broccolini – small florets tossed with garlic herb butter
The new menu was full of refreshing and unique flavor pairings that can appeal to a wide variety of taste preferences. They have added a new line of bowls to their menu: New bowls deliver bold flavor, using fresh vegetables that combine Asian and Mediterranean inspired flavors.
- Spicy Tuna Bowl – premium sushi grade, sesame-seared rare tuna served with avocado, sweet chile sauce, jasmine rice and passion fruit salsa
- Seared NY StripBowl – USDA Choice NY Strip seared to your preference served with marinated cucumbers, roasted peanuts and passion fruit salsa, jasmine rice and a black pepper aioli
- Shrimp Pad Thai Bowl – sauteed shrimp combined with rice noodles, green onions, peanuts, egg and a traditional Pad Thai sauce
- Fire Roasted Vegetables Bowl – a seasonally fresh selection of vegetables combined with pearl couscous with herb and pesto dipping sauce available with choice of wood-grilled shrimp or herb-grilled chicken
In terms of cocktails the new pineapple cocktail was delicious. They are also getting innovative with presentation, they are serving a cocktail in a glass made out of ice. They also serve their ceviche in the “ice glass”.
This is one of their new appetizers the Cold Snap Ceviche – chilled bay scallops, shrimp, fresh fish, avocado, cucumber, jalapeno, citrus, cilantro served in a glass made entirely of ice and warm tortilla chips on the side. That is obviously served in the ice glasses, a nice touch. Some of their other new appetizers are:
- NY Strip Tataki – perfectly seared USDA Choice NY Strip, Thai peppers and a mustard soy sauce
- Twisted Edamame Hummus – edamame replaces traditional garbanzo beans, topped with a roasted tomato relish and crunchy pepitas served with flatbread chips
- Bang Bang Shrimp® Flatbread – crispy shrimp, mozzarella cheese, cilantro and a creamy, spicy sauce
The only negatives we found were their steak offerings and their new chocolate espresso martini. The martini was just too sweet for us however the other taste testers seemed to enjoy it.
Find a Bonefish Grill near you and let us know what you think of their new menu!