Vegetarians, rejoice, you’re going to fall in love with this deliciously healthy and fresh Vegan Lasagna. Stuffed with a hearty bunch of spinach, tofu, vegan cheese, and whole wheat lasagna noodles, you’ll be feeling great about what you eat. What beats good food that’s does wonders for both your health and taste buds? Even non-vegetarians, you’ll find yourselves happily indulging in this cheesy, fresh, and flavor packed lasagna. Looking for other vegan recipes? Check out these vegan quinoa stuffed peppers as an appetizer and vegan chocolate covered strawberry banana bread as desert!
Bonus points for this recipe: Since the noodles will cook themselves in the sauce, you can save yourself some time and forget about the messy process of re-boiling the noodles.
Time saving, ultimately healthy, and undeniably delicious, this three in one super recipe is definitely a simple and convenient choice for a fast and nutritious dinner.
Going vegan tonight? Sounds like a tasty good idea.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped (2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 10 ounce bag of fresh baby spinach
- Two 12 ounce package of drained tofu
- One 8 ounce package of vegan cream cheese
- ½ cup of chopped basil
- ¼ cup of nutritional yeast
- 5 ½ cups of Speedy red sauce
- 12 uncooked whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 12 ounces vegan Italian sausage links (cut into thin rounds)
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella flavored vegan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, then heat the oil over medium high heat.
- Sauté the onions and garlic in the oil for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the spinach then cook for 2-3 minutes. Afterwards, transfer the spinach to a bowl or food processor.
- Add in the tofu, cream cheese, basil, and the nutritional yeast. Puree the ingredients until it’s thick and smooth, then season with salt and pepper.
- Spread 1 quarter of the Speedy red sauce recipe on the bottom of the 13×19” baking dish.
- Cover with 1/3 of the noodles (4-5 noodles), followed by half of the filling, and then followed by another ladle of 1 quarter of the sauce.
- Repeat this pattern with the noodles and the filling, spread the sausage on top, then top with 1 quarter of the sauce.
- Finish layering with the noodles and the remaining sauce and sprinkle with some shredded cheese.
- Cover the lasagna with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Afterwards, uncover then bake for another 15-20 minutes until it’s all tender and melted.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes, then enjoy!