I believe that this easy Mexican In my opinion so many people struggle with eating healthy meals because they don’t know any better and eat them plain. The reason is that we think of food as something separated in different categories. We are preoccupied with nutrition data, calories, carbs, proteins and so on. Nutritionists tells us how much of each food group we need to eat, but we are left alone to figure out how to combine that food in to a tasty meal. Failing to do that will inevitably left us unsatisfied and craving for something tastier.
The easiest and healthiest way to add flavor to any food is to have some salsa with it. This fruit salsa is great on its own or as a dip with tortilla chips. It has wonderful taste and texture and it can accompany any meat or vegetable dish. And it’s super easy to make.
Just chop, mix and chill!
My favorite way to eat this salsa is on a cinnamon sugar tortilla chips.
And making tortilla chips is easy to. Cut the tortillas …
Brush them with melted butter or coconut oil
Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon
Fruit salsa and cinnamon chips are a delicious and healthy snack the whole family will enjoy.
- Fruit salsa
- 1 ½ cup fresh pineapple, cut into a small dice
- ½ cup nectarine, cut into a small dice
- ½ cup strawberries, cut into a small cubes
- ½ cup green apple, cut into a small cubes
- 2 tbsp red onion, finally chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp ancho chile powder
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, slivered
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ orange, juiced
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- For the Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 5 white corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil, melted
- In a large bowl place the fruits, the onion, garlic and cilantro.
- In a small bowl combine the lime and orange juice, honey and ancho powder. Stir in a large bowl and toss gently to coat.
- Cover and chill for 2-3 hours.
- In a small bowl mix the sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Stack white corn tortillas and cut in half. Cut the halves into thirds. You will end up with 6 triangle shaped chips per tortilla.
- Place tortilla triangles on a baking tray lined with baking paper and brush them with the butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake it for 5 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
- Serve with fruit salsa. Fruit salsa can be served with grilled meat or fish.