This microwavable cake in a mug recipe is so quick and so good that it’s a must have for any cake lover!
You know when you have that sudden nagging craving for homemade moist chocolate cake and lots of it?
But the idea of dragging yourself into the kitchen, digging out your pots and pans, and actually baking for an hour, doesn’t sound too appealing?
I know that’s laziness talking, but all chocolate lovers, you know exactly what I’m talking about.
Oh, if only, there was a cake you can just whip up in 2 minutes without even having to turn on the oven.
It’d be the perfect solution for when you’re feeling lazy but seriously need a quick chocolate fix (which honestly, is most of the time).
Smile, dreams do come true, with this miracle of a recipe, you’ll have a deliciously moist chocolate cake in an instant.
All you’ll need is a microwave, your favorite mug, and two minutes of your time. Yes, it really is too good to be true.
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- ¼ cup of whole milk
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of self-rising flour
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Add in the flour, sugar, and cocoa, then whisk again to combine.
- Put the chocolate chips into your favorite large mug, then pour in the batter over the chocolate chips.
- Microwave on “high” for 90 seconds. The cake should be puffy and bounce back after being lightly touched, if not, microwave for another 30 seconds.
- After microwaving, there will be a thick gooey layer of melted chocolate on the bottom, so no need for frosting!