This time of year is perfect for quick fix meals that can be served as lunch or dinner. This quick, easy and refreshing salad is sure to please. The ingredients can easily be adjusted for one or a ton. This recipe is good for two healthy appetites or 3 – 4 small ones. I love the idea of turning a classic appetizer into a wholesome and delicious meal!
I think you will feel a little less guilty eating all of the meat and cheese by scaling it down a tad and by adding in some really refreshing mixed salad greens. Another option would be to serve this same salad with romaine lettuce if the mixed greens are not fresh at your market or if you prefer a little more crunch to your salad.
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 oz Italian dried Salami slices
- 2 oz Pizza sized Pepperoni slices
- 1/3 cup pitted, Kalamata Olives
- 1/3 cup marinated, Sundried Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup marinated, Artichoke Hearts
- 1/4 cup Feta Crumbles
- 6 – 8 Gourmet Crackers
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch of Sugar
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- For Antipasto Salad: Toss salad greens in a large mixing bowl, set aside. Slice salami, pepperoni, sun dried tomatoes, olive and artichoke hearts in half or into bite size pieces.
- For Balsamic Vinaigrette: In a small mixing bowl whisk together Dijon, Balsamic Vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper until well mixed, slowly drizzle in olive oil until fully incorporated.
- Toss prepared salad ingredients with salad greens, sprinkle with feta crumbles, drizzle with Balsamic Vinaigrette and garnish with Gourmet Crackers.
- Check your local grocer for an Olive Bar where can find marinated olives, tomatoes, peppers, artichokes etc. and purchase them in the quantities that you need. Also be sure to check your local grocer’s deli section for sliced meats such as the Italian dried salami and pepperoni in this recipe.