I love White Russians. They are dangerously drinkable with just the right mix of coffee liqueur, creamy half and half, along with a bit of vodka. Like I said, dangerous. So why not take these ingredients, throw in a little pudding, and make an irresistible adult dessert?
These white Russian pudding shots are so simple to make, all you need is a few boxes of instant pudding mix and some chilled liquor. Instead of milk, we use booze as the liquid component of the pudding. Genius! We will top these little glasses of heaven off with a dollop of whipped cream and a dusting of coffee powder for an out of this world treat. These tiny delicacies are perfect for a party or even for a picnic, when kept chilled. If you must make a virgin version, use milk for the vanilla pudding and chilled coffee for the chocolate pudding.
The best part is they really can be made in a flash. Swap out the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar in this recipe for already made whipped cream and it becomes even faster! There is really no excuse not to give these unstoppable pudding shots a try. If you’re already a White Russian lover, you might just have everything in your pantry to make them.
So if you’re ready to dole out the next talk of the party, with very little effort, whip up a batch of these bad boys. Check out the variations below for even more tempting pudding shot ideas!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (3.4-ounce) box instant chocolate pudding
- 1 3/4 cups milk, chilled and divided
- 1/2 cup Kahlua or other coffee flavored liqueur, chilled
- 1 (3.4-ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1/4 cup vodka, chilled
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- In a large, chilled bowl, beat together the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar until soft peaks form. Place the whipped cream in the fridge until you are ready for it.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the chocolate pudding mix, 3/4 cup milk, and Kahlua. Stir until thickened. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, stir together the vanilla pudding mix, vodka, and the remaining 1 cup milk. Stir until thickened. Add half of the whipped cream to the spiked vanilla pudding and carefully fold until mixed.
- Gather 10 shot glasses or small plastic cups. Fill each glass half full with the Kahlua mixture. Top each glass off with a layer of spiked vanilla pudding, then with a dollop of whipped cream. Garnish each serving with a sprinkle of coffee powder. Chill until ready to serve or dig in!
Love the idea of pudding shots? Here are a few other variations to try:
Bloody Mary Pudding Shots
Just kidding, that would be disgusting.
Mudslide Pudding Shots
Use 1 box of instant chocolate pudding with 1 cup of milk, 1/4 cup Irish cream liqueur, and 1/4 cup coffee liqueur. Fold in 1 cup whipped cream. Garnish with mini chocolate chips and whipped cream.
Pina Colada Pudding Shots
Mix together 1 box of instant vanilla pudding mix with 1/2 cup milk, 1 1/2 cups pineapple rum, and fold in 1/2 cup whipped cream. Garnish with a pineapple slice that has been marinated in the pineapple rum.
Dreamsicle Pudding Shots
Stir together 1 box of instant vanilla pudding mix with 1/2 cup orange liqueur, 1/4 cup vodka, and 1/4 cup milk. Fold in 1 cup whipped cream. Garnish with whipped cream or throw a popsicle stick in it and place it in the freezer until fully frozen.